View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 09:17 PM
tighed1
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Re: How To - Super Cooler Install

3. Next you will remove the plastic guard for the hood release cable. Pry off the two plastic caps. Push the tabs so that the guard can be pushed down.

Continue pushing the remaining tabs until the guard is free.

4. Remove this piece by releasing the plastic rivets that hold it in place. It is located between the steel bumper and the AC condenser (look below the horns).

5. You are now ready to test fit the SC. Carefully insert the SC into the area once occupied by the stock HE. Position the left lower corner of the SC on the rubber bumper that the stock HE rested on. Pay attention to the position of the SC filling cap. You want to position it so you can put the cap on/off as needed. If you have a single flow SC you will want to loosely zip tie the bottom two tabs at this time and skip to step 7.
Once the SC is in position rub the mounting tabs against the existing stock HE mounting bolts. This will mark the location that you need to drill ¼” holes.

6. Remove SC and drill the holes. Reinstall SC and pass the bolts through the SC tabs. Use the stock nuts to hold (not tight yet) the SC in place.

7. Connect the hose located on the front of the electric water pump to the lower connection of the SC.

8. On a Dual Flow SC you will connect a 27” length of 5/8” hose between the upper SC connection and the top Intercooler connection (yellow). Be sure to route the hose under the headlight so you keep the air intake area unobstructed for your air intake. On a single flow SC connect the driver’s side SC connection to the top Intercooler connection (yellow).

9. In the above picture note the hose circled in green on the left. You want to plug this hose. I cut it a few inches from the coolant tank and plugged it with a piece of solid rod and secured it with a hose clamp.

10. Here you separate and plug the hoses circled in yellow. I used small bolts and hose clamps.

11. Now it’s time to fill your SC. Pull the top of the SC forward so you can access the fill neck. Fill it! I reused the coolant that was drained and added plain water to complete the fill. I also used a spare battery and wires with alligator clip to power the electric water pump to move coolant. I suggest you find a way to power the pump also to eliminate air pockets. Be sure to top off your engine coolant tank also.

12. Almost done! Once SC is full, cap it. Grab a couple of zip ties and secure the top left and right of the SC to existing points on the car. Now put it all back together. Yer DONE!