View Single Post
Old 12-26-2004, 03:33 PM
efrazier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Kleemann VS. SRT6

How about www.startech.de or Brabus? Looks like they have a 426HP V8 Crossfire coupe and are solely Mercedes and Chrysler tuners. Almost look factory sponsored like AMG. Anyone have any experience or insight with these guys?

I agree too that it takes more than HP to go fast around a road course, but the std. crossfire should be apgradeable in Key areas to achieve + SRT performance for less. Especially if you start out with a base coupe and 6 speed for under $30K. If you have a $40+K limited convertible with an Auto then your analogy probably rings very true. However I have the forementioned base coupe and have already upgraded the suspension (H&R, Koni Adjustable, and EBC Rotors and Pads) and brakes for about $1200. I Bought all the components at Tirerack.com. Now even if I go with a $10K Kleeman SC kit I'm still at only about $38K investment and I don't think you can get an SRT for that much.

I'm interested in checking out NoS which is only about $2K installed andgives the 100 extra HP too, or even one of the Brabus or Startech engine upgrades (not sure on pricing here yet) but would be interested in any experience with this company.