View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 11:26 AM
JHM2K
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: God, religion, and life in general

(continued from above)...

So… I prayed. I prayed for deliverance, wisdom, and a chance to know Him better. To put it bluntly, I re-submitted my life to Jesus.

Since then… I cannot express to you guys what a wonderful life I’ve led. I have seen people healed through faith… Literally healed. Someone who was absolutely decimated with cancer, their whole body riddled with tumors and a bleak outlook was given on their life. I joined many people in prayer for him, and at his next checkup the doctor was shocked to inform him that his tumors were gone. Absolutely no trace of them being there. The doctor has no medical/scientific explanation, and neither do I. BUT… I have no choice but to believe that my Savior intervened in this man’s life, to give him a second shot. To allow him to spread testimony to others. God has given me many new amazing friends/fellow believers through my church, and my social network has improved so much as a result. No longer do I need parties, or NEED a bottle. We have great fun focusing on other pastimes and honoring God in the process. I’m not opposed to a beer, nor do I judge those that drink. It’s their walk, and how dare I judge the point at which they are at in their life. God was patient with me and saw me through my addictions, and I am very thankful for that. Others judged me and I remember the pain. I vow to do my best never to do so to others.

I cannot stress to you all how much my life needs Jesus. There is a noticeable, major difference when I honor God with my time, versus when I don’t. When I honor God with my money and resources, there is a HUGE difference in what I reap in my own life, versus when I choose to be selfish. I forfeited my “game” and exchanged my cunning tools of dating I had honed over the years, using women as objects of pleasure instead of thinking of them as someone’s daughter… or even worse, a daughter of Christ. I was ashamed of that, and started simply praying for a Godly woman to enter my life… someone I could honor God with and someone that would boldly claim her love for Christ. It took a year of believing, a lonely year of trusting God… but he has since given me the most wonderful, perfect woman I would imagine. A woman who loves God, serves in Children’s Ministry, loves racing, loves outdoors, has conservative orientations, and last but not least, loves me equally as much as I do her. We keep God central in our relationship and as a result, this is the most amazing relationship I’ve even known. I pray it never ends…

Can I PROVE that God exists? Not to the extent that some demand, and even THEN, I hazard to say that their pride would prevent them from believing. God’s people that Moses delivered from Egypt saw the Red Sea parted before their very eyes, and even THEY had weak faith mere days after the event. So for me to assume that I, John Moorehead, can convert souls with man-made “proof” I have gleaned from books and TV is absurd. All I can do, as a man, is pray for them and continue serving/trusting The Lord and give accounts of how Jesus’ presence has changed MY life. It is not my place to condemn them, or tell them what a miserable soul they are because they haven’t found faith in Jesus. All I can do is lead by example and do my best to follow Christ with an unwavering faith. It doesn’t all make sense. But there is a major difference in my life when I choose to align with Christ, versus when I don’t. My life is for Christ, and everything I am and everything I own is at His mercy, make no mistake about it. If you choose not to believe that, that is your decision. I will still love you the same, as I am called to do. We are all equally yoked in our passion for driving/racing Crossfires, and that alone makes you a cool cat in my book.

If you read all of this, you are a trooper and I thank you. And I would be more than happy to answer any questions… this is just my life and my faith. Jesus is everything to me. I will do my best to answer anything you ask me, but be forewarned, many answers will probably result in me simply saying “I choose to believe”. Christ can’t fit in a box called “science”. I’m not going to be the goon that tries to squeeze Him inside of one.

Bless you all,

--John