View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 04:28 PM
ZAHANMA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Loss of Power Question

Originally Posted by slk32krazy!
i have to disagree with this statement. my slk32 was bone stock and the pump failed. after replacing it with the cm30 my issues were resolved until the temps hit the mid 90's in tn. s/c was cutting out after 1 burnout and a single 1/4 mile run. after installing the supercooler from tighed1 i cna burn the tires off run 1/4's and extended interstate blasts in excess of 140 mph with ZERO issues.
after following all of woody's threads on this issue it is crystal clear that the oem h/e is to small and coupled with an inferior pump will cook the s/c in all but the coolest of climates.
while the supercooler mod may not be the first step in fixing this issue it should be considered a first mod and some of the best $ spent

juts my .02 and experience
well i will admit that during 1/4 mile runs and hot lapping it you could see significant issues of heat soak due to the small H/E...but most people don't track their cars. For a car that is rarely tracked if tracked at all...no need to swap H/E's.... I too do 140+ mph runs (in Mexico) and have no heat issues.