View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 11:13 AM
oceansideaddict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lambo doors, Yes or No?

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
As a seasoned citizen with bum legs, I find the doors a Godsend. I had been "locked" out of my car many times when in a parking lot. The idiots next to me would pull over the line and I could only open the door to the first detent. Also being slightly rotund, it was impossible for me to get in (maybe I could climb over in a roadster) to my coupe.

Even when I could open the door beyond the first detent, I found myself often kicking the speaker grille. Now the area by my feet is open and I just swing around in my seat and step out.

I went with Vertical Doors because;
1) they own the patent on the "out and up" design.
2) They are US made with a lifetime warranty
3) They are bolt on (the OEM door hinges can be replaced if you want)
4) If you are small enough you can get in at the first detent without lifting
5) They include a modified washer bottle (with some weld ons you lose it)
6) They gave me a great deal
7) They look awesome on the car
8) Did I mention "medical" reasons?

If you are interested in a set (they are specific for the Crossfire) you can order through me (this is not a profit item) or deal directly with them. I can get them for you for right at $1K. You can check the price on their website and see that is a great buy.

They include directions and if you are handy with body work, you can install them yourself. Otherwise you can find a place that will do them for you. On the other hand, if you are in SoCal (or planning a trip) you can have them installed right at the factory in Corona, California.

Here is the website with pictures of my car plus a couple others
Vertical Doors, Inc. - Chrysler 2004 - 2008 Crossfire :: Vertical Door Kits :: Direct Bolt on Kits

I actually just posted telling this dude I was coming to see you in September to get my xfires doors done! haha