View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 01:25 PM
luke646
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: "Need some advice"

Hey Tom,

When I began looking for a sports car I never even thought about a Crossfire.....until my Youth Pastor got to drive one for a loaner (Our church van was being worked on so the GM at the dealer gave him the CF for the day) Through some unfortunate accidents (not the CF) and scheduling I had to drive the CF. I WAS HOOKED!!!!
* The styling both inside and out is a work of art, IMO. I really enjoy the cockpit feel and the lines of the car are refined, low swept and just darn good lookin!
* The price is right for what you get. My 2004 listed for $35K and I got it for around $26K. The luggage is a nice bennie.
* Driving is something you have to experience. Plenty of acceleration, great handling and at 115MPH (hope to break that soon) it is as smooth as glass.
* The car to me (5'10, 190lbs, 43yo) is extremely comfortable.
* No there are not a lot of aftermarket items yet but I expect that to change. Just look at this forum and all the things drivers have done to theirs.
* Lastly, I would say I wanted a daily driver. So gas mileage was on my mind. My Auto trans runs around 25 to 26 mpg all the time and that is with me playing NASCAR on the backroads.
Hope to see your new CF listed soon.

Last edited by luke646; 01-02-2005 at 03:59 PM.