Old 07-09-2009, 05:34 PM
winstonscifi
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Blaupunkt's St. Louis MP56 is plug 'n play

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
I bought the unit taurusjds was selling and installed it several weeks ago. Piece of cake (although I have yet to figure out how to remove the removal tools from the stock unit now that it's out of the dash!!! ). No issues with the SD card reader, and I ran the wiring for the iPod adapter under the console so it pops up next to the drivers seat. I didn't see a need to run it into the glove box since I need to be hands on with the iPod to control it. I have the Mopar iPod integration kit in my PT Cruiser with the factory head unit, and THAT controls the iPod via the HU so a glove box mount makes sense there.

My only gripe with the St. Louis is the display being very difficult to read, but that's partly due to my old eyes.
I had a little trouble figuring out how to get the removal tools removed from the stock unit after I removed it. Here's how -- there are two metal tabs that are sticking out on each side of the stock radio. Push them in, and pull out the tool. Or is it, pull them out a little more, and then pull out the tool - I can't remember now - it's been a while! Nothing to it, after you figure it out! Why don't they tell you how to do that too?