Old 07-18-2009, 01:44 AM
SRT SIX
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: APS Mesh Grille...Special Price for Forum Members

This is not my design. I have to go along with the company. The thicker outside edge makes for a very rigid grille along with the very heavy wire fabric. (Anyone remember the promised grille from Germany? It is not so easy to make a sturdy affordable grille for a limited production vehicle at a reasonable price) This also brings down the cost. Originally a grille like these were around $800, but with volume they have been able to bring the cost down. It really does look better in person than in the pictures. You can read many posts from those who have them.

Personally on my Black SRT6 the powdercoated grill looks very good (IMHO) and the wide trim doesn't even come into play. As far as seeing everything behind the grille, there are a few silver nuts and the like that I simply touched up with som black paint and it looks fine. The fabric is pretty tight as well. If it were open more than you would see more behind the grille as well.

Originally Posted by kussh
Could U Make The Sorrounding Thinner So Itdoesent Look Thick.more Mesh Is Always Better.