View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 10:42 PM
shapeshifter309
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Parts (lack there of)

Originally Posted by mac92a2002
Just wanted to post a quick thread about our manufacturer. My crossfire was severely damaged in a hail storm last month. After getting the car into the shop we all realized that chrysler is currently without parts suppliers for our vehicles. Calling Chrysler today I was told that there is nothing the company can do, they can't and won't do anything for the crossfires until they negotiate with a supplier. Wishing to speak with a supervisor, instead of the service rep, I, as the customer, was told that I cannot speak to the supervisor as it is not allowed. With my problems getting parts and those of the roadster owners having trouble getting new tops for faulty originals I think we as a whole need to send a message to chrysler that we keep them in business, if they don't take care of us we won't take care of them. Sorry a bit heated by the rudeness of their staff and their lack of support for the car.
This is very weird hearing this actually, since the tech I talked to monday at my local dealer told me that the spoiler motor they would have to order is coming from Germany.

I'm assuming that that motor isn't in any other Mercedes, since it seems that it's a unique spoiler design for our cars.

But yeah, I can see the problem with body panels and such.