View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Caught in a Xfire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Door Panel Removal How To With Pics

Originally Posted by ACRucrazy
I pulled my door panels the other day and took some pics. I created a document for something else but figured I would share with you all.

Remove the sail panel in the upper corner of the door by the mirror. This pops right off

Remove the 2 torx screws from the metal end cap on the outside edge of the door.

Remove the Phillips Screw from the end cap on the door latch.

Pop out the SRS AIRBAG screw cover and remove the torx screw.
Note: This stays attached to the door panel. The panel is perforated on the stitched seam. Be careful not to put much pressure on this seam to prevent tear. The airbag is located directly behind this.

Insert a plastic removal tool under the front door pull cover and remove the 2 torx screws. Note the open spaces in the cover for the removal tool to be inserted. The handle and cover are plastic so a metal hook tool is not advised to prevent marring the pieces.

Carefully remove the door release-tweeter trim ring with a hook tool or plastic removal tool. Remove the torx screw behind this. *USE CAUTION* This trim ring is very thin plastic and can break very easily. If the car is a convertible the trim ring could be brittle from the suns UV Rays. This is snapped on very tight.

Now you can use a panel popper and carefully pop off the door panel and lift it off. The tweeter connection and cable for the door release lever will be attached. The tweeter unplugs and the cable is pulled back and unsnapped from the housing.

Use a pick tool to unplug the tweeter connection. Note the capacitor mounted directly to the tweeter housing.

really nice job thx alot!!