View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 06:49 PM
dkerns
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A nice freebie from Crutchfield

Originally Posted by RCROSFYR
I bought one of these last week and have it installed. The install was very easy and the silver trim matches closely. The Bonjiovi Sound Enhancement system is superb. This unit really makes the stock speakers sound great! I have capacitors on the stock door speakers but haven't decided to install the Infinity 6022i's that came with the unit. Not sure how much better they'd be over the stock ones. Opinions, anyone??
Crutchfield is a great company to deal with and you can't beat the current price on this unit. If anyone out there is considering a head unit upgrade, I highly recommend this one.
I have been thinking of installing this head unit in my crossfire. You mention this was pretty easy to install but when I called to purchase this from Crutchfield they said I had to bypass my factory amp and wire the speakers direct. Then purchase another amp for the sub woofer. I asked him what the premap output was for on the radio and he said it would not work with a factory amp. I seem to recall from other postings the 5v output was a good thing for us. Could you possibly give me some insight on what your easy install entailed?

Thanks in advance for the help.