View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 09:45 PM
ssdark1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high mileage purchase???

hi all. firstly...im in love with the crossfire, problem is, i dont have one . other problem is i have bad credit and am stuck dealing with "buy here, pay here" dealerships that usually have inventories comprised of higher mileage vehicles. one dealership in particular (that ive done business w before and trust) has a 94 crossfire with 94,000 miles on it for $9,500. the exterior is immaculate...i seriously had to fight the urge to buy it on the spot after the test drive.

after doing some online research im under the impression that mercedes are very reliable, and tend to "shrug off the mileage", and anything with less than 100k still has some serious life left in it. is this true, or am i reading what i want to hear?

i have a few specific concerns. one being the timing chain, ive read it needs to be changed at 100k on alot of vehicles and i assume it would be pricey? anything else i should be concerned with?

really just looking for opinions as to whether this would be a stupid purchase. any vehicle i get will have probably at least 60k on it and will need some maintenance, its just how much that maintenance will cost me.

thanks for reading.