View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 05:15 PM
mac92a2002
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Parts (lack there of)

Sorry been out of the loop for a bit. To answer the unanswered questions the car has damage on every body panel. Some dents were 3-4 inches deep, 80 mph winds and softball size hail. The car was at first taken to a dent repair shop and they said no way they were not capable of doing it. The parts that were hard to find was the hood and drivers fender. The roof and quarters as well as all the rest, has already been done. After speaking with chrysler again then having my lawyer speak with them and geico at a sit down they have decided to use "an unusual method" in replacing the hood and fenders. They purchased them from a 08 sitting at a dealer in K.C. and shipped them in.

I am truly appalled by the behavior of chrysler, got a call after I posted originally and they said sorry, we are making them, we don't know whats going on. I then directed them to my dealer, whos repairing the car, and they said they wouldn't speak with them.

Long story but she is getting the new hood and fender, we are waiting on the new cowling but I can accept that it is a hard to come by part.

Be careful driving now, as parts have become so scarce insurance companies will be quick to total.