View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 11:41 AM
NJspeed69
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fogged up headlights ???

I'm bumping this up because I'm crazy annoyed, and I don't want to start a new thread.

Last week, right before our current cold snap here in NJ, my right headlight fogged up. Only the right one. I guess the cold snap started that night, because now the water has been all frozen inside my headlight for the last week almost!

I've driven around with the highbeams on all week, and the problem is only half gone. I imagine even with it being hot inside the headlight, cold air outside of it cannot carry moisture, thus it can't really evaporate out. It's been under 25 degrees for the past 5 or so days.

This is a VERY irritating problem! I park my car outside so theres no way of getting it in somewhere warm for the night.... I want to flip out and bring it to the dealer but I can't because I installed HID headlights, which are sealed fine. Theres no water in the projector, its inside the headlight.. Even though that's not part of the problem, my headlights have fogged since the FIRST day I owned my car, they'll probably use the HIDs as an excuse to blame me for their problem. If it doesn't go away in a week I'm going to pull them out and bring it in.