View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 11:35 AM
LantanaTX
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Vogtland Springs

I received the the Vogtland Springs a couple of weeks ago just as I was leaving on vacation. I finally installed them on Saturday and went on a 350 mile road trip yesterday. The part number is 952070 and cost me $237.00 from Vogtland USA. I came across these on the Benzworld and MBWorld forums. People on those web sites loved them and was even replacing Eibach springs for them. Vogtland are made in Germany seem to be very high quality. The box says 35mm which is a 1.4 inch drop. I was running stock n/a springs with exactily one coil cut off. I loved the look but they caused cranky female sounds to come from the passenger seat.

The Vogtland springs were an improvement and work very well with the KYB shocks. The one thing you should know about Vogtland is that they keep the stock rake which means the rear is slightly higer than the front. I was used to my car being lower in the rear but this is a nice look and I am getting used to it but still may switch to the thinest spring pad in the rear latter on.

I have been after a firm but compliant Grand Touring ride. I am not totally there yet but much closer. I think the real issue is the weight of our wheels and tires for such a small car. The mods I have made that effect the ride are:

Vogtland Springs
KYB Shocks
K-Mac rear camber kit
Chrysler camber bolts in the front
18" wheels to save some weight and get a little sidewall in the rear
my tires are 225 40 18 front on 8" rims and 265 40 18 in the rear on 9" rims

What is next?

Lighter wheels, I am looking at going to 17x8 in the front with 235 45 17 tires and running my 265's on 18 x 9.5's in the rear.

I will be at the the Texas Speedway event this month if anyone wants a ride to test the ride.