View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Spark
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Stock Amp is 4 channels!

PPro -

You're absolutely right about the pinouts. That's a typo on my part (I didn't actually wire it like that). Good catch! You're also right that it would, as a minimum, screw up the phasing, and in the worst case, it might not work at all. On my Pioneer head unit, the pre-amp outputs are RCA jacks, and so I assume they're single ended, not balanced. If the AMP is really single ended (in spite of the fact it's labeled w/ (+) and (-) ), I'd probably not get any sound at all with the polarity backwards (and my head unit probably wouldn't appreciate driving the output into a short to ground).

I would have loved to use color coded wires, but that's not something I had laying around in my garage. I was proud I actually found two different colors of zip cord so I could keep the right and left straight. I did actually tape off the unused wires, and for good measure I put a copy of my marked up wiring diagram in the glove box for future reference. Thanks for the catch, and I'll try to go back & fix it if I can.