View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 05:13 AM
Kagen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Turtle wax polishing compound disaster

I have a black 04 coupe. Before I got it, it had been sitting in a parking lot for 3 months so it had really bad water spots that wouldn't come off with a clay bar. So I decided to polish them out, I went to checkers and bought the scratch x 2.0 and I gotta say it worked really good, I did a part of my hood with it using this Craftsman 10 in. Buffer/Polisher
and the water spots were thin outlines of what they once were, but it was a small bottle and I ran out. I needed more at 9 at night which is the time that checkers closes so I went to the drug store and got Turtle wax polishing compound, it was the only stuff they had. I used the same polisher with the same pad and used the turtle wax, IT DESTROYED MY PAINT. There are millions of little scratches. The paint is all hazy looking and I cant get it out again. Its the middles of the night but I tried washing it then waxing it and it didnt help at all. This is after buffing it to see if that would help, which it didn't. Im hoping scratchx will fix this as im gonna get it tomorrow. Anyone got any hints on polish to get to remove tiny swirlmark/scratches and waterspots?