View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 11:05 AM
maxcichon
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up Re: DIY: Window Tint Install

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
I never said this was for the faint of heart, or that it would be a 10minute job. I've learned over the years that expecting 10minute jobs never leads to anything productive.

One reason I didn't want to go to anywhere near me, is because they all said it could only be done by scrapping over the defrosting lines...which I won't do. This is why I don't trust any places near me...

I will be the first to admit that tinting and vinyl work definitely takes some experience. The only way anyone can ever get experience is by doing. I've done some previous body vinyl work and now am going to try my hand at window tinting.

I am hoping that this write-up will not only help others to learn to tint, but also help others who do this to keep from making my mistakes. I know there is a good chances of a whoopsies, that is why I paid the extra $8.99 for the insurance. If a panel, or all of them gets messed up...They will replace it as long as I have pictures of it messed up...Fair enough.

Its now 9a and I'm planning on getting going at about 10a and am hoping that by 2p I will be done. I will try to have the write-up done tonight with pictures.
Good for you. Go for it!