View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 02:52 PM
ZAHANMA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DIY: Window Tint Install

After the window is clean it is time to begin the install of the window tint. Keep your soap/water solution close by as it will be very handy to help make install easier.

I started by spraying the outside of the window with the soap/water solution. I do this to use place the tint with cover fil on the outside of the window as I get ready to install. This allows you to place the tint against the window and peel back the protective film.

As you peel back the protective film, liberally spray the soap/water solution on the tint to keep off any dust as you get ready for installation.

Now that you have the protective film off the tint, and the sticky side of the tint very soapy. Carefully pick up the tint and begin to place it on the inside of the window.

Since the tint is soapy it will allow you to move the tint into place fairly easily. Position the tint so that it is rorughly in place.

You will want the final result to have the tint close to the edge of the window but not over it. If it is placed over the edge of the window it has a tendency to peel.