Old 10-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Larry Hitze
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: p0410 secondary air injection system malfunction solution?

Originally Posted by solnyc
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I keep hearing that the secondary air pump can be purchased from Bosch or Mecedes Benz. Does Bosch make the pump? I am also hearing crossfires and mercedes use the same one. My stealership told me that the voltages are different and that a mercedes pump cannot work in the crossfires. Is that hog - wash?

Whats crazy is I took it to another dealer and the dealer told me the pump was coming from mercedes. wha?? Which one is it?

I have been trolling the forum and have done some of the preventative measures. I have taking out the check valve. I used pressurized air on it. Air seem to go thorugh but when I shine a light to it I cannot see through. Does that mean it is clogged still? Are you supposed to see clear though the check value?

I put the check valve back in and the CEL came on again after a little while. I actually heard the air pump blow once.

I am not sure if it because the old check valve is clogged and I just need a new one or if it is just the pump. I want to rule out all mulligans.

I checked the relays and no fuses were blown out. I read that maybe if the pump is drawing alot of current this may happen. It was from one of the post.

Please help... I feel like i am getting close to the CEL culprit but need the great minds of the forum to chime in and give me a some guidance..

Thanks for any advice in advance.
If you look around on the part in question you might find the original MB part number on it some where. Some are easy to find and some are not. I'm not a big mechanic or anything I just know they were built in Germany in the Karman plant so I'm assuming that they got their parts from the same place that the SLK's Crossfires were designed from did. My money is on the dealer just wanting to make a sale. The parts man at the dealership I go to said that they just order the parts from MB. He also said that when the MB\ Chrysler breakup occured that MB started charging more ( to Chrysler) for the parts. Of course, that is just what I was told.