View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Bullseye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: XF -- feasible track car? ???

Originally Posted by Steffen
I think you had a chance if you install a compressor and special cams on your engine (like the SLK 320 AMG). Then you have around 340-350 hp. Next step take out all stuff you don't need on your car that safe weight. All that you get for around 12-15K and then BMW´s will see you ever in the mirror or you will see them in your mirror if you are a good driver. The XF have a good base but not enough power to blow away the BMW´s. Trust me here in Germany a BMW M sucks if he has a race with a Mercedes AMG!! And the XF is Mercedes under cover!! Only the big power is missing on the engine that is all. Here in Germany we have every day races on the Autobahn. Last year I have a 2001 E-Class 55 AMG and everybody sucks. The car has V8 5.5l (only around 360hp) engine and have much weight but nobody (except Porsche 911 or Ferrari and so on) has a change to win. The car goes up to 280 km/h (not more because they have an electrical block without that block you run a bit over 300 Km/h). I can tell you that are really fast on a street and you think nothing other as "PLEASE GOD SAVE MY LIFE". The point is you need more Nm not more hp. If you want win a race on a track you need more Nm to win that is the power of the car that safe time on the clock! Sorry that write a lot about Mercedes but I love it much more as BMW`s. Maybe that is the reason I bought my XF because it is a Mercedes under cover but the design is much better as all Mercedes Benz I know.
The new amgs are faster but are still no match for a M series bimmer down the twisties. 2001 BMW M5 > Than 01 E55 straight sideways doesnt matter.