View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 10:06 AM
slide93
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Clear Bra Really Worth It????

I've got to agree with Good Enough on this one. When I picked up my Crossfire it had a few paint blemishes, primarily chips on the hood and one nice door ding down to the metal on the left rear quarter panel right above the tire. Fortunately the panel wasn't dented so I did my research and found a detail shop. The website was extremely detailed and desribed every procedure offered and the benefits to expect. I also knew that the shop was in an area that would service primarily high-end vehicles. I sent an email and was contacted by the owner's son next day. We made arrangements for him to pick up the car at work (DCX headquarters) next day.

He called from the shop to tell me that he would have to repaint the entire rear quarter panel. The thought of a mismatched panel on an SSB car scared the heck out of me but he assured me he could get a perfect color match...so I took a chance.

When he came to drop the car off I couldn't believe the quarter panel was repainted...it was perfect even in dusk sunlight (which can really bring out any flaws in the finish). The rock chips on the hood were noticeable, but thats going to happen whenever you touch up a clearcoat metallic finish. He also added an additonal clearcoat to the entire car and waxed the heck out of it. It still shines up beatufully after a carwash.

All for $300...I was floored! I will have them pick up my Xfire once a year and add the clearcoat & touch up any blemishes for that price.

If anyone in SE Mich wants the name and contact at the detail shop...let me know an I'll post it or PM it to you.