View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 08:51 AM
onehundred80
Received 565 Likes on 474 Posts
Default Re: Spoiler Deploys When Car Is Started.

Originally Posted by HowardJ
That light went away after driving the car a little while.
I have noticed; 1.) my car starts quicker 2.) my spoiler comes up at 63mph now instead of 65mph {little detal, but noticeable for me }
I was going to say that if you drive the car out of your driveway and turn up the street the light goes away as mine did. But, I always wondered if it was truly "set" as intended. Has anybody who is smart with this electronic stuff got any ideas?
By the way you say your spoiler deploys 2 mph slower than it did, how do you know your speedo has not been reset?
I doubt it is true really, when accelerating it would be tough to say what the actual speed is when it goes up. Mine seems to deploy in a range, and sometimes pops up for no apparent reason.
The spoiler deploys when the voltage is low, a battery that is failing cannot hold a full charge and the charge that is does hold goes down due to internal loses. As the battery gets even weaker, the length of time required for the battery voltage to get to the point that the spoiler deploys upon start up would get shorter. Upon starting the car the generator (thats what the manual calls it) provides enough power to keep the spoiler down. At this point the lights will probably brighten and fade in time with the engine revs.
Thats when you get a new battery quick. If you think your battery is a bit weak now and you intend to drive it in the cold there is one word for that ........ don't.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-01-2009 at 02:01 PM.