View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 03:44 AM
distantpulse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Planned modifications on my SRT6

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
The humidity is factored into calculating the DA, along with temps, barometric pressure. If your running 12.2's in 0 DA then it's your setup or something very wrong. Or spinning half way past the 100' mark. I know your a good driver, so it's the car.

With over 300 passes in temps from 55 degrees all the way up to 112 degrees, humidity varying at every season, and with the help of my performaire 2 my car's adjustment is .01 to .02 per 100'. That means my ET that I'm running at that moment will go up or down by those increments per every 100' of DA that has changed due to weather.

It makes more of a difference in our SC cars, like the E55's, then say the E63 which are N/A's. If it didn't play as big of part then there would be at least 10-15 SRT6's in the 11's by now. We are all making the same power with identical mods. Some with more mods, some with less. Your saying with the same mods as mine just show up at any track and pull 11's. Hmmm? Very interesting.

I run with bracket racing N/A cars all the time, and DA doesn't affect their cars nearly as much as ours.

Again I don't believe in correcting timeslips to sea level either. Only excuse you get from it if one is correcting their times. Even ricers in these parts don't correct their times. Once distantpulse gets his tune right he will see 11.7's mark my word, and it won't happen above 1600' DA unless he sprays.

Some good stuff and numbers to prove me wrong. Good luck. Enjoy I'm done trying to help.
Ok, so what are you saying you would run in 0 DA?