Old 12-09-2009, 06:51 PM
+fireamx
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Test drove an 04 coupe and here is what i think

Originally Posted by Musclefan21
I did have a problem with the leg room

my shins hits to the bottom of the dash right below the steering wheel. I mean when i pushed the seat all the way back, it was "O.K." my lets wouldnt hit but the back of the seat was pushed back so far, it was straight, i felt kind of like locked. I finally found a comfy enough position but my shins touches that part i described above.

Now my question is, since I am in love with these cars, is there anyway to remove this part??

Musclefan, unless you're all legs (and no torso) you should be able to find the "sweet spot". It just takes some time playing with the seat adjuster.
I'm 6'2", and before I bought one I sat in at least a 1/2 dozen Crossfires and never could find the perfect position. I went ahead and purchased a new 04 anyway(off EBAY), thinking I was going to have to have the seat "cut down" so I could fit properly.
When I picked up the car, the salesman (who was as tall as I am) brought the car around to me, and had the seat adjusted perfectly for me.
Before you get in the car, just drop the seat down to its absolute "lowest" position, with the seat back straight up and down, then slide it back as far as it will go. When you get in, you'll notice that your knees have plenty of room, but of course you're sitting with your back in a 90 degree position. Now gradually move the seat forward, and as you go forward you can tilt the seat back more and more as you approach the dashboard. Get your knees as close to the "bolster" as you can, keep tilting the seat back as much as possible, and you should find your comfort zone. Don't forget to raise the front of the seat bottom for just the right amount of support.
I'll admit it's snug, but I've driven for over 12 hour straight and never felt too confined.
The "Base" model has cloth (manual adjusted) seats that seem to have a tad bit more room.
Visibility could be better, but you get use to it.
I own a "stock" Dodge, capable of breaking into the 11's (if driven like you stole it) and since I purchased the Crossfire I haven't driven it even once. To me, the "NA" Crossfire is that satisfying.
Good Luck