Old 01-04-2010, 07:45 PM
+fireamx
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Why would Chrysler / MB do this to our cars???

Originally Posted by Musclefan21
I can't tell you enough how much i truly hate our cars' wide open rear end. Why didn't these cars come with LSD? This is ridiculous. anytime i make a little hard turn to test my car or simply have a little fun with it, only outside wheel spins which drives me crazy.

I seriously considered buying LSD for it immediately but i got slapped in the face with the ridiculous prices.
Musclefan, have you checked the tread on your rear tires lately? We both have 04 6 spds, and even though mine is perfectly stock, it will still break a tire (or tires) loose if I get on it while making a sharp turn as well. But never so much as to be annoying, or uncontrollable, and I even have the traction control completely disconnected.
Personally I don't think any NA Crossfire put's out enough power to warrant a LSD as long as you have a good set of rear tires. Simply because of our cars wide footprint.
From my experience with my 04 (that I purchased brand new, and driven 48k miles) and from what I've read here on the forum, the 04 models have a more sensitive, or more intrusive TC than the following years. Well at least mine did. The slightest sign of my rear tires losing traction, and my TC would shut my car down and put me into idle speed. Trust me, not much fun when traffic is closing in on you when you pull out from a side street and try to get out of everybody's way. After nearly getting me t-boned 3 different times the 1st. 3 years I owned the car, I said I had enough with "Big Brother" watching over me, and disconnected the middle wire going to the TC unit right in front of the battery. Yes it shuts the anti-locks off too, but I've never been a big fan of anti-lock brakes on several different GM products I've owned, and so far I haven't missed it on my Crossfire. Since my car is only driven in nice weather, it works for me.
I attended the 1st, two Fall "Tail of the Dragon" runs, and was able to hang with a few SRT's both times. But I will not argue the fact that some day disableing my TC may come back to bite me on the A$$, so I don't recommend anybody else do what I did, but I must say it made my car a lot more fun to drive.

Last edited by +fireamx; 01-04-2010 at 07:50 PM.