View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
billvp
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Carbon Fiber Parts

Originally Posted by Mad_Med05X
Hey,

Since Sept of last year I've been working on a vented weight reduction carbon fiber hood design. The design process has been going very well. A well know aftermarket parts Design Company on the RX7 forum has been working with me on the design. The prototype should be shipped in by Feb 20th. The only issue we are facing is the hood latch due to how the hood design is raised in the middle not allowing the OEM latch to be reused. Once the design team figure a way to make a hood latch that has OEM functionality, we should be good to go. I paid $1400 Custom Carbon Fiber design + $200 shipping + packaging for the hood to be made. The company said they could sell copies of the hood for $700 if I purchased a Minimum Order Bulk Buy of 20 units, otherwise it would be a one time thing once I walk with my finished product.

Hopefully I can get one of the Saint Louis Guys to take it for a ride down the strip. I will also gather some weight analysis.

I would like feedback on my design once I get it on my car. I will take pics

Thanks,

MAD MED

Update............ The original price was based on the possibility of moving the OEM stock hood latch over to the aftermarket hood.... Now I'm being told that due to the small raise in the aftermarket hood cowl, price may change due to the latch design effort...

cool, looking forward to pics