View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Thirteendog
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Double Wrench Service

Okay guys, it's time for a double wrench service. Considering this car is an 05 just about everything on this list needs to be done, and since I have no record of it being done before. The change of oil and lubing of hinges and the sort is no problem. ( I kind of hope my brakes are worn and I need new ones (rotex gold here I come ) Here are my questions for now. What am I looking for when I do these steps?
Inspect condition of front axle ball joints and rubber boots.
Inspect condition of steering components and rubber boots.
Inspect condition of accessory drive belt.
Check condition of driveshaft flex discs (50,000 miles or 4 years)
If you have a picture of these bolts it would help me out alot
Retighten steering locking bolts (50,000 miles or 4 years)

Alot of this list is a to be done this year type of list, so expect a few more question and I know I'm going to be using the spark plug how to as well thank you for whoever posted I'm truly in debt to you. I'll document any and everything I do so we can have an extensive how to maintain your crossfire by the end of this year. BTW it's been awhile since I've been under this car so alot of this may jump out at me.

Double Wrench Service

Change engine oil, engine oil filter and rotate tires.
Replace dust filter
Lubricate hood hinges, latch and secondary latch.
Reset FSS Display
Check horn, hazard warning flashers, turn signals, indicator lamps, exterior lighting and headlamps (adjust headlight aim, if necessary)
Check windshield wipers and washer system. Replace wiper blades if necessary.
Check seat belts for damage and proper function.
Check hydraulic brakes and parking brake function.
Check fluid levels for hydraulic brake system, power steering system, windshield wiper system and engine cooling system (check corrosion inhibitor/antifreeze).
Inspect front and rear brake pads for lining thickness
Inspect tires for damage, general condition and inflation pressure. Correct if necessary.
Inspect major underbody and underhood components for leakage or damage. (If leakage is found, determine cause and repair)
Inspect condition of front axle ball joints and rubber boots.
Inspect condition of steering components and rubber boots.
Inspect condition of accessory drive belt.
Inspect body for paint damage (every 2 years)
Check chassis and supporting body parts for damage and corrosion (every 2 years)
Retighten steering locking bolts (50,000 miles or 4 years)
Check condition of driveshaft flex discs (50,000 miles or 4 years)
Replace fuel filter and air cleaner filter element (60,000 miles or 4 years)
Change the automatic transmission fluid and filter (80,000 miles). After this changes it is filled for life. Manual transmission comes filled for life from factory.
Replace spark plugs. (100,000 miles or 5 years)
Replace engine coolant using extended life coolant (100,000 miles or 5 years).