View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 PM
billvp
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

not bad at all ... I definitely prefer it over stock, although I'd like something without the lines down the hood

I wouldn't know how to go about getting that done with a stock hood though. You said it is "easy to copy" ... does that mean if someone went down to a local body shop and showed them the picture of yours, the body shop should have no problem duplicating it?

Originally Posted by waldig
THe dragon reminds me that that its been over a year for my design. I drove down and back from Va and in the rain both ways without water related issues.

It will be iteresting to see what a carbon hood wanna be will cost you when installed on the car. Mine is easy to copy and is not difficult to replicate. Yes Ill do a thermal eval to show the heat rejection benefits, as I was the first to get into cooling seriously. Supercooler, 180 stat, hood, under hood liner delete and under motor baffel delete, exhaust shielding, and eventually fan controller that I can release to the public forum.

WOODY

AAAAH GUYS I CANT EVEN COPY PREVIOUSLY TAKEN AND STORED PHOTOS. THIS IS NEW AND FURTHER DEGREDATION OF THE SITE............

SEE MY ALBUM ON THE HOOD PLEASE.