View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Valk
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts
Default re: Another Crossfire Bites The Dust

Well I looked up Jill and found her number.
I called and spoke to her and her husband for quite awhile tonight.
She has driven the Crossfire all year round for the last 4 years with no issues in the snow.
She had good all season tires on the car and just got it back from a 40,000 mile service a week ago.

She said she got stuck on the tracks at 6:01am and got out of the car quickly after realizing that it was stuck on snow.
She call 911 and reported where the car was in hopes that the railroad could be notified of the situation in time to prevent a crash.
Well in only 3 minutes at 6:04 the speeding 70mph express train hit the car and dragged it down the tracks before coming to a stop.

Jill said as soon as she knew it was gonna be hit she ran in the direction the train was coming from to avoid being near the car fearing debris would more than likely be flying through the air.
She also had a full tank of gas and feared an explosion.
She watched the train as it hit the car and said it was horrible.
After the train stopped the engineer and crew got out and were looking around the wreckage for a body.

They didn't see one and feared that the body was under that train.
Just then Jill approached the engineer and said "I'm OK...I got out before you hit it"
The engineer and crew were relieved that and nobody was killed inside the car.

Jill said for now she doesn't plan to replace the Crossfire with another one but I told her if she has a change of heart to let me know.
She does think she had an account here but it was a long time ago and she just can't remember the name or password.
I sent her and her husband Steve this link so they can read the thread here as a guest.