View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Franc Rauscher
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts
Default Re: Another WW II Relic or two

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The Germans were well ahead no doubt, but many of the projects were too far ahead of their time and lacked proper advanced materials or technology to be viable or there was a lack of supplies that could be used on them.
That war produced a rapid advance in technology, just so people could kill one another more efficiently.
With the world and the US lacking money, it would be stupid to start an endeavor to return to the moon, more tax money would be required. We cannot solve the problems here due to a lack of funds, so why spend it on trips to the moon.
But I will never forget the moon landing, like Kennedy's assassination, I know exactly where I was when I saw the grainy images, Of course, it was a back lot in Hollywood, but it was well done.
Agree, on all points.
The suborbital concept appears viable only from the perspective of what we know today. From the perspective of 1944, mission impossible. The required exotic materials just didn't exist.

Peacetime advances go into war machines just as war advances go into peaceful use. We don't kill people to invent Radar any more than we built trucks so we can make better tank engines. War accelerates technology just as any peacetime crisis promotes advances. Famine and drought improves agriculural practices, war produces interstate highways systems.

What humans always do is compete. Sometimes that leads to war. Not justifying it. Just explaining the obvious.

Good chatin' with ya. Keep warm up there in the cold lands.
With luck you can get your Crossy out by May or June this year.

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 02-13-2010 at 12:52 PM.