Thread: Wasted day...
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 03:24 PM
MikeR
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wasted day...

Perfect weather today for the opening of Woodburn dragstrip. Sunny, dry and high of 60*. Put the DR's on last night and took off this morning. Got to the track, pulled the grille, poured in some 110 octane race gas to mix with the couple of gallon of 92 in the tank.... perfect... just wait for launch time...

Time to go, pull up and do my burn out, stage and stomp on the gas............. what the heck! I can run faster than this... rpms wont even go to red line..... limp on down the track do manual shifts... CEL on...

CEL is for P0505.. okay, no biggie clear it and check everything. The only thing I see is lots of rubber around the pullies... belt is slipping like crazy.

Try again about 45 minutes later... same thing... look out... idiot on track....

Pack up everything and head home. No power....engine surging as I drive home... AFR gauge shows the ECU is cutting fuel and causing surge.. crap, it looks like my Johnson just quit working. I had no problems going the 40 miles to the track and I sat for 45 mins to an hour once I got there. I'll check it out after the engine cools down good. What a waste of a perfect race day....