Old 03-08-2010, 04:18 PM
velociabstract
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: XF SRT-6 at Road Atlanta-Dissapointment

In stock form the car has understeer. It's made worse by the larger tires in the rear. It can be a challenge getting on the gas early without a LSD. I thought the stock brakes were quite good so I've only changed the pads, brake lines and use racing fluid. I only see 120 mph on the track I have available so you have to take that into account. I also use Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. 235/40/18 and 265/35/19 with a 10mm spacer in the front. I'm running -2.2º camber in the front with 0 toe and -2º in the rear. I can't remember the toe in the rear but it's not much. The car is lowered 1/2 inch in the front and 1-1/2 in the rear. I also had a rear strut bar fabbed up. The car is nicely balanced now in the corners but the negative camber in the rear makes getting on the gas early even trickier. The biggest improvement I made was the adjustable Koni shocks. The Eibach springs are more for looks than performance IMO even though the drop has to have helped some. My car will push if I touch the brakes while cornering. It seems real happy on the gas in the corners so I often over brake a hair so I can be on the gas throughout the entire corner. I haven't experienced any overheating of the transmission or powersteering. Engine temps get up to 225º on my car. I've never experienced the supercharger cutting out but the stability control has kicked in a few time even with the traction control off. If you want to know anything in particular just ask and I'll be happy to share. This is the first car I've tracked and I'm still learning but these are my observations.

Les

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
img_0806.jpg (163.1 KB, 19 views)