Thread: C6 or E46 M3
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 02:08 PM
XethW
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some other suggestions comparable to the M3

The cadillac CRS-V is very performance oriented (same v-8 as in the new 'vette). It's severe angles arent for everyone, but I think they look very good in black or silver.

There are also rumors of Chrysler putting out a convertible version of the upcoming 300 series coupe. There is already a pretty heavy aftermarket set-up to do this conversion, and chrysler unveiled a 300 convertible concept recently (Take a look). I like the boxy, angular shapes of the american sedans - I also liked the snub-nosed looks of the previous generation 3 series. The newer styles don't really appeal to me as much.

I love the performance you would get out of a 'vette, but the gas mileage...I think we're going to see $3.00 a gallon premium gas before years end, and the xfire's about as gas-guzzling as I'm willing to go. My next car will almost certainly be a hybrid (Honda's Accord hybrid has 250 horsepower and a 0-60 in the lows 60's, so I think we'll be seeing sports cars with hybrid engines in the next couple of years - Mitsubishi had a concept Eclipse using hybrid technology that had 310 horsies).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
300conv.jpg (57.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by XethW; 03-14-2005 at 02:12 PM.