View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 06:36 AM
waldig
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Loof Lirpa oil cap with has clearance

Over this terrible cold and snowy winter I decided to see what could be done to dress the engine up a bit - could not drive it in any case. I found a can to replace the oil fill cap that is lighter in weight, provides a touch of cooling improvement and should provide more hood clearance. There was just another thread oddly enough bout some bloke having a go with his hood getting a dent and generally little to no space from the hood to the cap.

I have included my first attempt at color matching it to my Needswings intake manifolds though the color looked better inside the garage. Must have been the limited light spectrum of the 40watt flourescent lamps the garage has. Any way I may go to polish the cap up as it is aluminum and the intake manifolds came up so well that it might be good to match them and coordinate the look. As I said this is the first look into dressing the engine up and since it was available from harbor freight for only $1.00, I said what the heck lets go for it. I got it at a local harbor freight as they are not available from the catalog, just inside the stores near the checkout counter. Just ask for the compressed CO2 cyclinders with the pop top assembly.

Hope that this inspires someone else and wets their appetite to take a spin at coming up with a few homegrown ideas using these low cost containers. Iam sure that there are a few refreshing uses that I have not thought of and would be cool to have. I have two photos cause the angle of one had too much sun glare to see the finer details and prevented you from drinking in all the subtle improvements this has to offer.
It is refreshing to see the improvement of the before and after views, so I included the dry picture of the before shot.

Enjoy, Woody

Last edited by waldig; 04-01-2010 at 07:15 AM.