View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
kolevski
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Went Racing Last Night!

And another interesting event on the night was one of the event photographers took a keen interest in my car, at first I thought he didn't know what he was talking about for the fact that he thought my car was turbo (even though it whines like crazy down the track lol) but other then that he seemed very knowledgeable, he asked me to show him my dual cai, he said although its good there is a floor in it, he used a straw as an analogy he said "imagine sucking a short straw and see how easy you get air into your mouth or sucking a really long straw and see how much harder it is" he said if possible if I made the intakes shorter by atleast 50% and somehow managed to get cold air to it OR block them into a box so no hot air gets to them that the car should be atleast 2 tenths faster.

He also suggested the use of methanol when I explained that I had it but wasnt happy with it, he said another idea would be to use methalated spirits and water 50/50 mix and spray them at the very start of the cold air intakes, he said that will act as super cold air being charged into the s/c & it will generate alot more velocity opposed to spraying at the throttle body.

He admitted his knowledge comes from building turbo cars but he said the principals are the same.

I cant say I agree or disagree with him, I have a lack of knowledge when it comes to mixing science with cars, maybe some of our forum bright minds can chime in