Old 04-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Musclefan21
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Finally went to track! Results and videos inside

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
She does not bog, and there is plenty of torque. There is also a clutch delay valve, not allowing ridiculous behavior like a 4500RPM full on clutch drop. no matter how quickly you let out the clutch, it will delay you, to a degree. I have been trying to figure out how to drill mine as a side project.

Talk to Paul about this, he probably has more NA 1/4mi runs than anyone on this site and plenty of money into his motor. It took spray (and plenty of other mods) to get him to 13.50s so good luck.....

Nice runs and I am interested to see the progress.
No offense but she bogs. I have personally experienced it multiple times and I don't know what is plenty for your or others but i personally could not say that my crossfire has plenty of torque. She couldn't get out of the hole quick enough even with minimal tire spin. That is called lack or torque. When I literrally leave the line at 4500rpm and she only spins very slightly, then that means she doesnt have enough torque.

I see what you are saying on the 13.50s run, it is unbelievable, I am sure if I said that i could runa 14.3 stock, i would get the same respond from people but here I am and she did it. So adding another 50-60hp plus some tuning to get rid of the rev limiter and all that clutch delay, 4500rwhp limit, etc. BS she will see mid 13s. I have been racing long enough to do some accurate calculations. Trust me, if someone cant run a 13 second run in a full bolts on crossfire, then they either cant drive or the car isn't running "right"

Last edited by Musclefan21; 04-19-2010 at 10:18 AM.