View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 10:34 PM
oledoc2u
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: East Coast Timing Association -

Originally Posted by KrzyFast
Thanks for the post 32. I had not heard of the event down in Florida.
I am going to go check the link out now.

As for the ECTA, it is a real shame that they require so many mods to a vehicle to run over 135mph. That is a relatively easy target to make for a lot of new cars now......Oh well. If Florida works, I am thinking Road Trip!

Just checked my email as I had asked Joe why they were so regulated: Joe Timney wrote: "Your chance of survival in a crash over 135mph in a stock car is nil. We follow the SCTA rules for safety, as they have a 61 year history of running Land Speed Racing. Our insurance is based on our rule book. In my mind, Texas and the track in Miami are only concerned with making money. We truly care about your safety."

Cheers,
KrzyFast
True statement.....blow a tire at 150....and you are going to have your hands full....before my tune, I hit the limiter in 9/10th of a mile...so I know we have a lot more now...so, I would hope tech inspections for these runs are very good....but, with all that said, I would do it in a heartbeat...lol

In fact, I tried, without success, to do a charity run, at reserve air base here in IN....wouldn't allow it....