Old 04-24-2010, 01:49 AM
Thumper SRT6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Night at the track - is something wrong with my car?

The DA really does have a big effect on your times. You went from running in 45* in February to 80* now. Welcome to racing in southern heat and humidity. Although your 1/8 MPH does seem a little low by a couple MPH.

I'd be willing to bet your timing is being pulled, too. Combination of the warmer air and maybe even lower quality gas. You won't know for sure without actually data logging. One thing to try is either put a bunch of 100 Octane race gas in if they sell it at the track (though I'm not sure if the ECU will adjust in time). Or go buy some octane booster and put it in your tank when you fill her up with 93 and drive around for a bit. Lately I've been running about 12.5@110, 12.6@109 (this is what I ran at the track tonight.) I've used octane booster twice now. Tonight I tried the NOS octane booster with nitromethane (12.99 at Autozone). Although it did keep my timing from being pulled, I ran the times listed, which is what I've been running for that past month without any booster. I put almost the full bottle in to a tank that was 2/3 full. Then drove 35 miles to the track. Not impressed with the NOS O.B.

The first time I used octane booster was 2 weeks ago on the 14th. I bought a bottle of Lucas Oil octane booster, the racing formula (9.99 at Autozone). Put the entire bottle into a nearly empty tank while at the gas station, then filled her up to the top with 93 gas. Drove the 35 miles to the track. My timing barely got pulled and I ran a best that night of 12.38@111. Had 3 runs at 12.4 and 2 runs at 12.5 with trap speeds between 111 and 112.

So give your car an octane boost and go back to the track. I recommend the Lucas Oil. You should hopefully see your times improve. I'm not guaranteeing it, but for 10 bucks, why not give it a shot?