View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Big Al
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need help getting father to buy an xfire

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Getting back to the original question,

Meester, Your dad needs to buy a car he wants. If he is making the payments he has to be happy everytime he gets in the car. And everytime he gets out.

Here is your delima.

If he is, shall we say, older, gettin in and out ain't easy so unless the perma grin comes on, he will not like the car. If he does like the car, why would he give it up and hand it to you?

Your screwed either way.

Here's an idea. These cars aren't all that expensive to purchase. You can get into one for under ten grand no problem. I can pretty much guaranttee that two years from now that situation will likely be the same.

So put your money away and drive whatever he finds he would like. Then he doesn't have to give up his toy and if you let him drive yours and he loves it, it's his loss to regret.

After all, you had told him.

Or let him have your Toyota for enough cash to go get your own Crossie now.

I loved every car I ever owned. I owned every car I every drove. Even the clunkers, 'cause they were mine. Sump'in to be said for that.

Every car I bought my kid, he tore up 'cause he didn't give a crap about something to which he thought he was entitled. And everytime he wrecked a car of mine that I had given him, I cried just a little.

Jus' sayin

roadster with a stick

The part about the dad being ,(older), and having trouble getting in and out of a Crossfire, hit home. I am going on 72,(would classify as older than dirt,) and I will just say this,"I do have a little trouble sometimes, getting out, getting in, I just kind of turn sideways and roll in."

Once I am in, seat belt on, radar detector on, "LOOK OUT, GRANDPA IS PASSING YOU AT 115 SO DONT TRY AND CATCH ME, WAHOOOOO!!!!