View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:17 AM
delornut
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: PO100 Mass Air Flow / Check Engine Light

Originally Posted by billangiep
I believe most of the codes are pretty much generic to the 3.2.
There is a code list here (some where ) specific to the Crossfire I believe ?
The base and the LTD are the same animal.

As a note...it's been recommended that we " DO NOT " use air filters such as K&N that are oil impregnated. This can contaminate the MAF causing it to fail, also clean the MAF at the time you change your air filters.
I cleaned the MAF over the weekend, it looked shinny new on the inside no dirt dust ext. but I can tell when I took it for a spin afterwords the difference was night and day !
Bill,
I looked at the MAF sensors listed at autohausaz.com and they list a different part number and slightly lower price for a Mercedes slk320 MAF sensor vs the Crossfire. They list a Bosch w0133-1600866 for $198 for the Crossfire and a Bosch 0280217515 for $175 for the SLK320. I don't think the Crossfire uses a different MAF sensor so I ordered the Mercedes part. Chrysler wanted over $600 for one, Mercedes dealers are over $500 and autohousaz is $170 for one that they say is not aftermarket, it's a real Bosch part. Is the difference in the part number and price simply a result of the crossover between Chrysler and Mercedes?

Bruce