View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 02:57 AM
CrossfireLTD
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: heated seats, seats or module

Originally Posted by xviiviexie
GRRRRRRRR! i love my car, but ive had electrical issues with it since i got it. there was a short i believe which was causing lights to burn out everywhere and my radio to be glitchy. i took it to the dealer and they "diagnoses" two times finding nothing and having me to foot the bill. im not taking it to them unless i have to, with the help of the forum hopefully i can figure this **** out myself. soooo yeah my drivers seat is down completely but the passengers seat has only the back warmer working. so im assuming it is not the module and the seats themselves. depending on my replies to this post (if any) i dont know if i should get like an aftermarket kit for heated seats or if i should buy new (used) seats or the module. i guess i should mention that last time i used the drivers warmer my *** was so hot i had to turn it down! ive been doing some reading and i hear that when an "element" fails it has extreme temperatures. well any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, the forum has helped me so much! love you guys
Check the connections under the seat (if you have not already done so). Here is the rub....it could be the elements themselves or the control module located in the dash behind the hazard switch or a combination of both. Usually it is the control module that goes first and then causes the elements to overheat and burn out. In any regards in order to fix the problem you may have to replace the element(s) that have burned out and the control module. I was lucky when I had this issue, my dealer just replaced the seats totally and the control module.