View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 02:15 AM
Infinite
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Official Tire Review Thread

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
yeah, the car felt "nervous" with the ps2's in my opinion. I live in the mountains and have driven in the curves all my life and i just did not feel very confident in the car with those tires. the pole position tires feel great on the other hand.
I had a severe problem that when they were cold, they'd just spin under hard acceleration from a stop. Driving down the highway in the rain, the backend felt like it wanted to skate back and forth, light rain, above 65 was down right scary.

I ran alot of negative camber, so once they got up to temp in the mountains they felt decent but it took alot to get them to the point of feeling right, 32-34psi cold. Hard hard runs to get them hot, if I went up in the mountains on cold tires hey would just spin/step out.

I remember I was heading up a local mountain run spot to meet some friends. I use the 2 lane uphill switchbacks to warm up tires and on the way up, 3rd gear, light throttle, the car would either push on exit, or snap oversteer.

Now I've got Bridgestone re050a's at all 4 corners and the car feels much more planted and stable, at least for the types of driving I do. I'll continue to experiment with tires to see what feels right, since currently I'm going through a set every 3-4k miles or less