View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 11:15 PM
oledoc2u
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: wife's b-day present

Originally Posted by glockster
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Marco from So Cal. My screen name is glockster because, well, I like glock pistols. Have 4 to be exact and I have put myself thru the glock armorers school way back when they first came out. I have been thru 2 harleys, a BMW motorcycle and 3 Jeep Wranglers in the past 5 years so when my wife showed interest in a crossfire I had to do the right thing. With her b-day right around the corner the timing was perfect.

Last thursday I flew into Dallas/ Ft. Worth airport and then hitched a ride to Bonham Texas to pick up my wife's new car. An 07' crossfire showing 1509 miles on her. With 4 months of factory 3/36,000 mi warranty left on her and such low mileage I couldn't pass it up. This dealer has 35 of them.

Here she is amongst the other 30-35 crossfires they have on their lot.

Gas stop in Amarillo, Tx.

I drove straight thru from Childress, Tx. to Chino Ca. in 17 hours. 1150 miles, not including the 250 mi I did thursday night. Total of 1400 miles. Quite a test drive huh?

The TPMS light was on the whole way. Checked air pressure a couple times so that needs to be fixed. With cruise control set at 80-85mph the whole time I averaged 24.8 mpg. The car does have some annoying quirks but it's the wife's car and so her problems not mine.

-Who decided to put the cruise control stalk where the turn signal should be?

-I somehow managed to lock the doors while filling up with gas. I had the key in my pocket but it took a few minutes to figure out why the gas door wouldn't latch.

- I'm not a fan of the throttle by wire crap, too much delay.

- What's up with no spare tire? This was a big concern with my 1400 mile commute home.

- why is there a clock on the dash and in the GPS radio?

- cup holder......enough said.

- not sure I like the rear spoiler being auto up and down, think I'd rather be in control.

I have to give a shout out to Bonham Chrysler,Dodge/Jeep. They are a steller outfit, first class in everyway. They picked me up at the airport and went out of their way to satisfy. When I went across the street to air up the tires for the drive home, I noticed a bubble in the sidewall of the pass. rear tire. Facing the 1400 mile drive home I decided to test them and their pledge of customer service at all cost. I pulled back on to the dealership lot and seeked out my sales guy. Long story short, they pulled the rear wheel/tire off another low mileage XF and had me on my way in 1 hour. They did not charge a penny. They also changed the oil/filter for me prior to my arrival.

I must say you XF owners have stumbled on to something here. I love HER car. I fear my jeep rubicon may sit a little more now than before the purchase. It is quick enough for my 49 year old bones (remember I drive a lifted rubicon) it is much more comfortable than I thought it would be and the quality of construction is readily evident.

I think she made a great choice.

FYI....how did she decide she liked crossfires you ask? Her mother has one. Her mother broke her wrist on x-mas eve and has not been able to drive it. Everytime we go visit, my wife takes it for a drive to keep the battery charged. She came back from a drive 3 weeks ago and said she was ready for her own.

That was all I needed to hear.
Here goes Glockster...since I was the first to carry a Glock in my county, a 17 at the time, I now have carried my 23 for nearly 20 yrs, no malfunction...not true for the XF though...I can give you a little help with most everything but the cupholder, although you can exchange it for coin holder/flat little pocket...there is a piece of hardware called a sprint booster, kind of expensive for what it is, but it works...its changes the voltage on the throttle in a way to open the throttle body a lot quicker...plugs in line with the throttle wire, the cruise control is what it is, you will get use to it...I know the spoiler has a manuel over-ride others can tell you more about that...the is a lot of info on this site, just use that old search feature up above...and ask away...welcome aboard, and I have owned over 30 jeeps in my life, love them as much as the sports cars I have had