View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:38 PM
glockster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: wife's b-day present

Those of us fortunate enough to live in California get to deal with stiff emissions regulations that tend to take the fun out of serious modifications.

I took our new x-fire to have it smogged last night, a requirement for getting California title and registration on an out of state car. A few minutes go by and the tech comes in and says he can't get the rear tires to spin more than 20 mph on the chassis dyno rollers. WTF? Instant fail and he says take it to the dealer.

I went home & started reading the owners manual and found out about the ESA defeat switch. Went back to the same shop this morning, told the tech where the switch was and it passed easily. Only problem was the ABS light and BAS/ESP lights were on when I got back inside. They fortunately reset themselves once I got up to about 10-15 mph. The rear spoiler was also all the way up with the light flashing in the switch. Seems the crossfire didn't like the emissions test so much.

My wife has not driven her Tahoe since I got back from Texas with the crossfire.