View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 10:22 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Seriously Love This Car, but I need help

Originally Posted by Jpkelly
OK, I have definitely fallen in love with my XF, it's really a great car. And I feel so cool driving around in it. But you all already know this. So I noticed while driving windows down the other day that the headliner on the rivers side right by the windshield is coming a little loose..looks like it has shrunk a little, or the glue is just wearing out. Either way, with every car I've owned I've never dealt with headliners. So I put a couple tacks in it just so it doesn't pull and get worse but it looks..tacky (pun totally intended). Anyone know what to do? I feel dumb being defeated by ceiling carpet.

My other big question: I have a dash light out..The one right behind 0-10mph..it's not a big deal I just hate the orange light on and would love to fix it..is it a big deal to pull these gauge clusters out??
!
I would like to make a clever joke about the headliner coming loose because it got wet on the rivers side and then shrank but it's too late in the day.

Remove the headliner and glue it back together before it gets worse.
If you take the dash apart to fix the bulb take pictures and post a thread on how you did it. Look in the Workshop Manual for the method of removing the dash.