View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Infinite
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Drift car

I am pretty much THE drifting guy here (not to toot my own horn)

If its an automatic, give up right here. you'll never be able to truly control the car.

The crossfire has 2 weaknesses, the stock traction control and its open diff

Pull fuses to disable TC and you have a car you can slide when its damp outside, but it will almost always snap oversteer on transitions.

You can weld the diff, but I suggest having a spare open one since our diff's are notorious for breaking under stress. Have the spiders welded and the pins that hold the spiders in place.

You'll find the crossfire will actually have body roll when you attempt to slide, more so than any other crossfire owner has ever experienced. To combat this I suggest srt-6 springs at the least, the stiffer rates make the car feel much nicer.

I'll sum it up quick, Pull TC fuses, Weld diff, stiffer springs, smaller tires(255's have too much grip to slide a 215hp car, you'll break something quickly)

That being said, I havent been able to slide my car since I lowered it. Body roll is completely gone. When the car was stock you could use the weight and roll to induce oversteer. Now it takes the rainiest of days to initiate anything. Im looking for a spare diff since I want to have a spare because I know I'll break the one I weld eventually.

I'll think of more to post later, If you have any questions feel free to pm me, or post here. Theres so much to go into on turning the crossfire into a suitable platform for even the most basic of drift events.