View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 05:49 PM
SRT4man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRT4 turned Xfire

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
I am not knocking the SRT4. I am just saying I would never trade the Crossfire for one. I may buy the SRT4 on the side but would never give up a crossfire for one. The SRT4 is powerful (I am aware of that) but it is an economical 4 door sedan that looks like most cars out on the street. It is a practical car.

The SRT4 is like the newer GTO. It looks like a cavalier with a beast engine (not that there is anything wrong with a Cavalier). But you expect a car like that with so much power to have a unique shape or different visual appearance. Something that makes it look like a sports car with a body worthy of such an engine.
They are apples and oranges. Nobody looking for a 2 seat sports car is going to even look at an SRT-4, but nobody looking for a fast car that can also haul groceries and the kids is ever going to look at a Crossfire. Also price plays a huge role in what people buy. New price on an 04 Crossfire was what, 32-34 grand? A new 04 SRT-4 was $20,995 MSRP. The price point was the reason the SRT-4 couldn't get all new bodywork to make it look worthy of such an engine. I have just as much fun in my SRT-6 as I did in my SRT-4, but they are different kinds of fun. The SRT-6 is fun to take through all the round-a-bouts and leave stoplights, but the SRT-4 was more fun on the highway with a devilish grin knowing if someone pulled up next to me at 70mph and wanted to get down, they better have a metric shitton of hp if they wanted to keep up. The aftermarket support for those cars is 50 times better than the Crossfire has.