Old 06-29-2010, 05:58 AM
Erzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires Across America - Rocky Mountain Edition

Originally Posted by itsky
I've been going over this in my head quite a bit. If we have a base of operations, we can provide more options by providing different routes multiple times. It may be hard to park 50+ Crossfires in some of these smaller mountain towns. We can try to limit the maximum number of registrations for the event, but I really would not like to do that at all. The more the merrier!
I'm glad you have been wondering about this as I too have been concerned with the logistics of pulling off a roving meet, especially for those with a roadster. Also, you are correct about the accommodations aspect which is why I like either a base camp or two days at one and then wrap-up a third day elsewhere.

CSPGS would be a great wrap-up as there are a number of hotels to accommodate a large group and offers a number of venues in the area that many might like to see; unless they have stopped them entirely, Cheyenne Mountain would be a neat tour for some, but they used to require at least 6 months on a waiting list. Just have to make sure to watch the activities at the USAF Academy with respect to room availability; depending on the time of year of course.

I haven't been there in years, but Cripple Creek has a number of hotels and a fair sized one at HWY 24 & 67 if I remember. This offers a good base up and down 67 with a number of side tributaries to make the drives exciting.