View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Inggy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Official Tire Review Thread

2008 Red Limited. Houston, Texas.

Daily driver 150-200 miles per day typically with some days well over 300. Uneven concrete roads with plenty of pot-holes. The surface streets are even worse.

The OEM Conti's wore inside rears. Rode like bricks. Never liked them. Replaced at 19.8k.

Goodyear GS D3's, lovely tire, predictable limits, softer ride, rear liked to break loose (always seemed that the rear was too narrow for the rim) and drift at low speed while excellerating. Wet weather driving was never an issue. Started cupping the inside fronts around 10k. Replaced them at 36-38k.
Overall the GS D3's where too expensive. Noise started around 10k on the set and by 16k the noise was terrible. Overall very comfortable tire albeit not perfect.

I'm at 52k now using Yokahama Advan S4 for the last 12-14k. Stiffer ride than the GS D3's but softer than the OEM Conti's. Less expensive than the GS D3's. NOISEY! Rear tires constantly drone, fronts seem quiet but are slow to turn-in. The rear does not break free or drift like the GS D3's. No cupping, no uneven wear. Looks like I'll get over 20k off this set.
Overall the best of the three sets I've used to date if you can stand the drone.